Real Estate Transactions
Rolnick & Netburn represents Buyers and Sellers in both Residential and Commercial real estate transactions. We are frequently involved from the drafting of the Contract through the Closing of the transaction. If you are buying or selling real property, we can provide valuable information and representation to ensure that your interests are protected throughout the transaction. We are frequently asked whether hiring an attorney in connection with a purchase and/or sale of real estate is a worthwhile investment given the fact that in Florida a Title Company can serve as the Closing Agent for the transaction independent of whether the Buyer or Seller retains counsel. The answer to this question is: YES! Buying or Selling real estate is often the most financially significant transaction that you will ever enter into. Having representation ensures that you have someone to look out for your interests who’s fee is not contingent on the closing of the transaction. Title Companies and Realtors only get paid if the deal closes. An attorney looks out for the client only and has no financial incentive to anything that is not in the client’s best interest.
Our firm assists with many areas of a real estate purchase, including:
- Purchase and Sale Agreements. We prepare and review the Purchase and Sale Agreements to ensure that you get Agreements that are beneficial to you.
- Lending documents. Most people and business need to borrow money to buy property. A lawyer should review your lending documents to confirm that the terms are consistent with your expectations. This is especially important in commercial real estate, where purchases can be in the millions of dollars.
- Title insurance. We can review title related documents to ensure that you are getting marketable and insurable title and to ensure that your title insurance policy will be correct when issued. If you are in need of title insurance, which we highly recommend, we are able to refer you to Advantage Title, Inc. which is a company that is affiliated with our firm. [Language for AT link here].
- Real estate closings. We can handle all aspects of the transaction and work with you from the approval of the Purchase and Sales Agreement through the closing of the transaction.
- Real Estate Related Litigation. We also have a great deal of experience handling litigation that arises out of real property transactions.
We have successfully handled:
- Quiet Title Actions
- Foreclosures (bringing and defending)
- Breach of Contract Cases
- Boundary Disputes
- Adverse Possession and Prescriptive Rights
- Construction Litigation
- Mechanic’s Liens